Tigerlabs Launches First Healthcare IT Accelerator Program In The Heart Of The NJ Pharmaceutical Corridor
PRINCETON, N.J., Sept. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Tigerlabs today announced the launch of a new Healthcare IT accelerator program, Tigerlabs Health, the first of its kind to be headquartered in the heart of the Pharmaceutical Corridor in Central New Jersey. Tigerlabs has officially opened applications for the 3-month program to begin in February 2013, which offers $20,000 in seed funding, mentorship, software, professional seminars and co-working facility for Healthcare IT innovators – culminating in a demo day that will include prominent investors and influential industry executives. Applications to the Tigerlabs Health can now be submitted at www.tigerlabs.co, up until the deadline of November 15, 2012.
Located in the backyard of pharma industry titans Merck, Johnson & Johnson, Bristol Myers-Squibb, Novartis, and Novo Nordisk, along with many emerging pharmaceutical, medical device and bio-tech firms, Tigerlabs is uniquely positioned to leverage regional executive and investor relationships to usher in a new culture of innovation into the Healthcare IT sector.
“We feel that the Tigerlabs accelerator philosophy combined with our proximity to NJ’s pharma hotbed, offers healthcare IT innovators an incredibly collaborative, supportive and favorable environment to succeed in launching their companies,” explained Bert Navarrete, co-founder of Tigerlabs. “Our goal was not to just create another accelerator, but to actually solve real problems that the industry is facing – and shake up its much maligned and notoriously lengthy development process. So we created a program to connect those who have big ideas with the executives and investors who could help in actually bringing them to market.”
Tigerlabs will be considering entrepreneurial ventures across a wide spectrum of solutions, including:
- Mobile Health (mHealth): Helping consumers take control of their health with fun, elegant and easy to use mobile applications.
- Software as a Service (SaaS): Platform delivery of cloud based medical records, data, information, and provider information.
- Disease management: Identification, reporting, tracking, and analysis of disease diagnosis, spread, and treatment.
- Integrated care management: Connecting inputs, delivery management, and organization of services related to diagnosis, treatment, care, rehabilitation and health promotion.
- Adherence programs: Allowing providers, payers, and consumers to monitor adherence to remote medical treatment.
- Big data: Compilation, analysis, and presentation of consumer, professional, clinical, payment, and medical records data.
- Clinical discovery platforms: Assisting in the implementation, monitoring, analysis, and discovery of clinical platforms.
- Self diagnosis: Allowing consumers to observe, record, understand, and cure simple health problems.
- Remote monitoring: Enabling health providers and payers to track consumer adherence, health, payment, and medical records virtually.
- Payer/consumer disruption: Developing the relation between the payer and consumer through improved communication, payment, understanding, and conveyance of information.
- Virtual care: Providing consumers access to doctors, healthcare professionals, through platform applications.
- Remote therapy: Virtual assessment, delivery, and monitoring of therapeutic care.
“Tigerlabs is poised to benefit from the imminent changes to the US healthcare landscape. Information technology solutions that help to “bend” the cost curve will be rewarded with large scale consumer and business adoption. The entrepreneurs who will emerge from Tigerlabs Health accelerator will be at the forefront of healthcare’s digital revolution. I’m excited to be both a founding investor in Tigerlabs, as well as a mentor for future generations of Tigerlabs graduates,” added Tigerlabs board member Stuart Essig, an accomplished medical technology and healthcare executive, currently holding Chairman of the Board positions at Integra LifeSciences and Breg, Inc.
To apply for entry into Tigerlabs Healthcare IT Accelerator Program, visit www.tigerlabs.co.
Tigerlabs is an entrepreneurship campus founded by serial entrepreneurs and venture capitalists with the goal to organize the fast growing startup ecosystem of Princeton, NJ. Located in downtown Princeton, Tigerlabs provides a flexible co-working venue for emerging startup companies, that includes executive mentorship, informative seminars, and access to proven business services vendors and industry influencers to help shape innovative ideas into marketable companies. Each accelerator program, Tigerlabs University summer term for Student Entrepreneurs and Tigerlabs Health winter term for Healthcare IT Entrepreneurs, is designed around a 3-month timeframe, in which Tigerlabs invests seed capital and guidance – culminating in a Demo Day in front of investors and industry executives. For information about applying for or partnering with Tigerlabs, visit www.tigerlabs.co.
Sorry, comments are closed for this item.